I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Reading report


Rae Armantrout was freaking delightful.

RA:

Another Sense

"You can tell 'em
                   I'll
            be
there"

in the old songs
where verbs stand around,
edgy,
between hungry ghosts.

*

Woman in a sing-song voice:

"I coulda gone
to the fabric store
alone..."

but what but what but what but what

*

Relive the dream
with Grace Slick.

*
Light stays light

but "toward"
becomes unclear.

*

Bush stumps
for agenda

amid giant redwoods.)

*

I don't mind
learning
I'm in hell

if
I can learn it
again and again"

Audience:* HA ha hahaha. [Smiling, nodding.]

RA: [Smiling, laughing too.] Oh, I love reading in New York.

[...]

RA: [Reading from one of 2 new MSS, so line breaks are guessed, phrasing approximate]

Scumble

What if
I were turned
on by words

like "scumble"
"pinky"
"extrapolate"

What if
I maneuvered
conversations so
that others would
pronounce them?

[...]

What if "of"
were such
a hot button?

Audience: [More delighted noises]

* Erica, Stacy, Rachel, Sina, Lee Ann, Jerome, Elaine, Tim, Cori, Brandon, Brenda, this blogger, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.