I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, April 8, 2006

Ways to offer poems:


As gifts
As proofs


I prefer gifts


First, all actions are poems
& people who make poems are poems
& poems are poems

Yes, to do with relationships
Intended audience
One's "intended"

Including oneself in the audience
of a gift poem transforms
one into a beloved

Or
   including oneself in the audience
of a proof poem transforms
one into a combatant

Or
   one is required
to identify with the author
in choosing up sides


Poems make lame clubs
Lament our baby seals
so flaccidly bludgeoned


(This is not my poem for today)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.