I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Switched over to Haloscan comments...


...which means any Squawkbox comments will be unavailable, though I may repost some from the last few days in the new system just for continuity.

I knew Squawkbox was going outta biz, but they said they'd be online till Dec 06. No such luck. They've been on the blink for weeks now. If Blogger would build in the ability to track/block by IP address I'd just use that, but they don't. (The "registered users" requirement is not really satisfactory, since folks can just make them up. I like allowing anyone--not just registered users--to comment, but also having the ability to ban system abusers if necessary, rather than having to delete individual comments. Haloscan is a good compromise.)

If you use Haloscan but haven't updated in a while, you might check out this add-on.

Update: OK, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.