I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hear, hear!


Except the angry-woman-slapping part, which freaked me out completely, even tho Conrad handled it with absolute grace. "Do you think this is a new idea!? Do you like deviant behavior!? Do you think deviance is an appropriate subject for poetry?!" Picks up, pitches book. Picks up book, slaps Conrad's hand, hard, which is either handing it to her or reaching to take it from her. "Yes, yes I really do. I'm trying to help you out. You're just having a bad day." Then she turned to me, trapped in the corner between the table & the window. "What do you think of all this?" "I, uhhhhhh, I agreeeeeeeeee. I love Conrad & I lovvvvvvve his book. Uh, I'm upssssssssset. You're upsetting me." She turned fiercely toward him again plucking her scarf up toward her mouth. She was anxious to keep her mouth hidden. He smiled at her again, saying nothing more. Something reached her. Then: "I'm sorry for my loud voice," she said, & slipped away. She slipped away. & happier faces filled the spaces in front of the table. The window turned solid again behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.