I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Last night...

Despite my somewhat froggy voice (which Ada & Meghan generously described as sexy), I managed not to cough during my reading and read some new poems including my contribution to Shafer Hall's Operation Tiger, plus a few from each chapbook. And Marie Ponsot is the coolest. She gave a mesmerizing reading, complete with a poem about the ritual lopping off of male genitalia, which had Susanne in stitches and Chris in a panic. She says "dactyl" is not only a metrical foot but also another name for a maenad--who'd a thunk it? She called us "children" when she mentioned she started school in 1926 (?) and wrote a certain poem in 1950. She sported a button that said "STILL AGAINST THE WAR." I want to grow up to be just like her.



Here's a report from Daniel Nester, with photos.



Dan also coerced a couple of post reading audio reviews from kindly cohorts. Here and here.



It was lovely to see Jen & Ada after weeks of being cooped up in my office, and Maureen, and Susanne, and Dan, and Chris, and Sean, and Jordan, and Meghan, and [expurgated]. Thanks for coming out, y'all. It's so damn nice to read to a room full of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.