I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Darling friends in the blogosphere...

how I have missed you.



I finally finally finally signed off on GAMERS Sunday morning and the French Canadians are printing it NOW. Finished copies in about a month and the web page(s) very soon. I pulled a near all-nighter last Thursday before we left and had to take the last bit with me. So it felt supreme brilliant superlative exclamation to send off the index of games to trusty Charlie, who as usual filled in for me in the pinchiest pinch. (Julia Child--my hero, as you know--always indexed her own books, too. Still loving her through the biography, the only reading I did on the trip besides highway maps and museum prose.)



Dan's book tour seems to be going well. Rock on, D!



A report from our trip to follow, illustrated by some photos. Let me prepare you by saying the quality of the trip I enjoyed most next to Family was Light. Texas possesses light and sky like no other state nor place.



Please, won't you come say hello tomorrow at Pete's Candy Store? Blessed is the sniffly me with outgoing cold and croaky voice that gets to read with Marie Ponsot! Info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.