I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, June 3, 2005

Spooky mojo



I will be sure to let you know (Dan) when books arrive, but I have just heard a wild tale of Texas weather that more than excuses the slight delay.

A riproaring gullywasher with a lightning whip, thunderous spurs and um hoof-sized hail galloped through Austin this week, zapping computers (via the cable connection, despite the surge protectors!), throwing trees at cars and spitting flames from household outlets for a distance of 2 ft.!

When Texas has weather, it has weather. The same storm is responsible for the lightning that set the Oasis restaurant ablaze, ripped the roof off an apartment complex in my hometown, and made a godawful mess of the purdy little city of Fredericksburg.

Property damage aside, the good folks are fine...and the spookies resting innocently in their boxes are not letting on that they'd anything to do with the storm.

So light a candle for the UPS man and have a slicker handy, because they're supposed to be shipped this way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.