I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Bookish abandon



Received a bouncy bounty of ordered books in the mails recently in anticipation of ACTUALLY HAVING SOME TIME THIS SUMMER TO DO SOME NONREQUIRED* READING, including Josh's new one which is my my my just astounding coming out of the envelope. There's no picture on the Spineless Books website and only minimal descriptive copy, so all my expectations were focused on what would be inside the book. But the book itself is a poetic experience. Very beautiful. Stunning even. It has a hot bod. Perhaps I will photograph it for you. Looking forward to that one very much.

Also packages of reissues and some classic (if I may) avanty theory and some MUST READS from my evergrowing new & old MUST READ LIST, which has a category for "Blogosphere General" that is a catchall for all the books that ripple through your virtual pages. I love how the books wash up to me from you. Thanks.

And still anticipating that lovely little pile from Effing. It's almost like being in love with someone who doesn't requite--pining for these books I don't yet get to read. An achy almost broken feeling but with just enough juicy bright hope. If only summer would look my way. We are meant to be.

Maybe I should retitle my list UNREQUITED READING, hmm? This is a bodice-ripping post.

Oh, soon. Perhaps when I have more time to read I will also have more to TELL YOU. Kiss kiss.

* Not in the sense of being inessential, no way; rather in the simple sense of not for work, pay, research, or other obligation. Best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.