I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Just finished





If you like New York City history, art, architecture, cursing, Irish gangsters, blue-collar tough guys, misty-eyed tales of the Old Country, Tamanny Hall, cursing, guns and gun-running for the IRA, crooked cops, gun molls, the Empire State Building, cursing, shootouts, car chases, money laundering, and mayor's girlfriend's nieces named after me, you'll LOVE Empire Rising.

Seriously, TK has written a damn excellent novel. Another friend when asked for her opinion said simply, "I can't think of anything I like better." Right on.

Your summer reading is waiting for you. (Sorry, no paperback yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.