I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Two interviews...

well worth reading:

Gabriel Gudding by Ray Bianchi. "I believe in the efficacy of rebellious joy and kindness in the face of pastors and police. This is not a wussy belief."

Nick Piombino by Tom Beckett. "I had even considered becoming a priest when I grew up! I appreciated poetry and psychoanalysis because I needed ways to think seriously about life that were not so dogmatic, and so circumscribed by local custom and belief, yet still offered an experience of depth and intensity similar to the soaring, lyrical feelings I had experienced in my religious practices." (I creatively misread one of Nick's remarks just before that, inserting a word that transformed him into a pugilist: "I remember that, like so many children, when I was a pre-teen >boxer< I became preoccupied with Egyptian archeology;")

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.