I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, April 16, 2004

Let's make a cento from the results!



Play the game, via Josh, who got it from Caterina, who got it from this fellow. See also: James, Kasey, Katey, Matt, Laurel & ...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

The nearest book is a magazine, and it's a copy of National Geographic from October 1974.* Unfortunately, the page numbers don't start with 1, but on the twenty-third numbered page, which is page 465, the fifth sentence is a caption to a photograph:

Toiletries float in a spaceman's locker during the second mission.

Shawn's results from Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds is a line of dialogue:

"I mean, it's always been a $hithole, but it's definitely worse than the last time I was here."

If you post your results and alert me, I will collect them for a cento, to be posted here. It is very important not to select the book.

* This is the famed (in our personal two-person family lore) issue of NG which contains the story on the Big Thicket of Texas and mentions some of the H clan, kin, and nayburrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.