I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reminder: Tribute to Lucille Clifton


Dears,

A reminder that I am seeking any/all words of praise, personal anecdotes, close readings, reviews, photographs, audio/video recordings, poems-in-the-manner-of, work dedicated to, and other gushing and love for the Mama Poet who was Lucille Clifton, to be posted on the Delirious Hem blog very soon.

I'd said on/around March 1, but need at least a few more things. There is no lack of love, we know.

Alicia Ostriker has sent me an essay and anecdote. Sharon Mesmer a poem in memorium. Naomi Shiab Nye a poem about hearing Lucille perform. Theresa Senato Edwards an essay. I have written a little mini remembrance with some excerpts from her work.

Do you have anything to add? Would you like to play a song for Lucille? Or paint her an angel? Or just sign a card?

I am going to repost the call to Facebook too, so please DO FORWARD this message or repost at will.

Thank you,
Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.