I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Lucille Clifton tribute


Hello,

If you're like me, you met Lucille Clifton (via her poems) in a Central Texas public library, back in the early 1980s. If you're like me, you were wowed by her, and emulated her, and later just flat out admired her.

Or maybe you met her another way, in person even, at school or a reading or through correspondence.

We're mostly alike in that we loved her and we're sorry to see her go, but so happy she wrote us all those poems.

I'm collecting Lucille Clifton stuff for a tribute at Pussipo's Delirious Hem.

Taking stuff through Feb 28, to be posted on or around March 1.

Please send your essays, reminiscences, personal photos, close readings, audio/video interpretations, portraits, poems inspired by, etc. to me at shanna [at] shannacompton [dot] com.

Or if you are on the Pussipo list, you may post them (especially large files) to the group's FILES area there.

Feel free to repost/foward this message.

Thanks,
Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.