I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, August 5, 2006

Yesterday this blog turned three.


Me.com is more like five. & actually I first put a mini site up at home.earthlink.net in 1997.

       

The home.earthlink.net site designs 1 & 2 were based on my collection of advertising materials for the Olivetti Lettera. (We also collect the machines & I use a refurbished one to revise.) Instead of a photo of myself, I asked Charlie to make me an icon. It's actually based on a painting he did for me in 1995. I'm made out of punctuation!

           

When the blog was called "Brand New Insects" (which was the title of a now-dead MS, before Down Spooky), I found some insect drawings from an old magazine article & a stock photo of a bug. That scheme was pink & green. Updated with the gape-mouthed kid & switched to red/black/grey to complement the Gamers cover.

   

In the last update, I dropped the defunct title, but kept the insect theme. This is a robotic bug from my toy collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.