I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Finally with Women is packing the house every night . . .


. . . and now I & 80 other people know why. Last night's tribute to Barabara Guest was amazing, with an intro by Africa Wayne, beautiful readings by Anne Tardos, Joelle Hann (whose name I don't misspell or mispronounce), Lee Ann Brown, Erica Kaufman, Tonya Foster & many more madames & mademoiselles. Organizers Jen & Veronica are tearing it up. (Amy will have some photos & Erica might too.) Whatcha waiting for? Tonight is Muriel Rukeyser. Bluestockings's got a book table crammed with merch.



Click for larger image, or go here for the full schedule & more details. [OOPS, link fixed!]

Sunday night was Mina Loy.
Monday night was Audre Lorde.
Tuesday night was Barbara Guest.
Wednesday is Muriel Rukeyser.
Thursday is Gertrude Stein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.