I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

For the record


I do not conceal my identity on the internet. (Occasionally I have forgotten to sign a comment, like in LiveJournal or on a Blogger site that doesn't require posters to be logged in. In some cases I have used nicknames or handles, but only on sites where the owner knows who I am anyway.) I do not post anonymously. I do not use faked Blogger ids. I do not use anonymizers. I have probably peeked at you through a mirror site if your site is blocked by the web filters at my freelance office, but not for any nefarious purpose. And I certainly don't go around sending threatening messages or "warning" anybody. In the very few instances I have been involved in any kind of conflict, I have always talked directly to the other party--if *they* were being forthcoming about who they are.

I think it's creepy to expect somebody to talk to you while you're wearing a mask. Imagine doing that in "real life."

OK? I have already relayed this to the appropriate person.

If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.