I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Colbert Report report




He's even more awesomey in person than he is on teevee. & the writers are revising lines for each act right up until the cameras roll. Mort Zuckerman was a wet noodle (though he gets a rowdy cheer for saying Bush is "the absolute worst president...since Carter"), but Colbert managed to make it a funny interview anyway.

Which is good, because we had to walk 14 blocks in the rain, then wait under a dripping awning with mosquitos (three new bites to go with my Montana welts) for two hours until they finally opened the doors at 6, whereupon we waited about another hour in an overstuffed room with a bunch of grumpy wet people & a dangling designer flytrap. It was worth it.

There was audience participation in this one. For real--you should be able to see us. In the Massachusetts gay marriage bit, look for me in the back row, just to the right of the big pride flag. We have little flags.

I won't spoil any of the jokes for you now. But I will say, he dances during the breaks. & he only effed his lines twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.