I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Poetry party weekend--woohoo!



Frequency is abosultely MUST-SEE-POETREE this SATURDAY, featuring Maureen Thorson, Heidi Lynn Staples, & Maggie Nelson. That's at 2:30.



Afterward, at 4:00, hop on over to see Jordan Davis & Stephanie Young at the Bowery Poetry Club!



I have been working away on Maggie's Jane, which is two of my favorite indulgences in one--poetry & true crime--though M handles the crime in question so respectfully and personally it is powerful and not-trashy, which is even better, and wowee is it amazing stuff. Also crossing fingers that Heidi's Guess Can Gallop arrives today or tomorrow so I have a chance to read it first.



See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.