I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Can you feel it?







I have holiday fever.



Now there are lots of things about the so-called Holiday Season I dislike, but the food isn't one of them. Planned the Thanksgiving meal and placed the Fresh Direct order this morning. Yum. I can smell Pawpaw Compton's Boubon Pecan Pie already.



Also REALLY looking forward to a little downtime to focus on prepping the book for Winnow (it's changed quite a bit since I submitted it back in April or whenever), making some new chaps, and also writing some new poems for the other MS.



And reading! For long periods at a time! None of this subway poems only and bit of novel or nonfiction before bed!



So forget the windows, and definitely forget the parade (I freelance for M@cy's--already sick of it), and forget the shopping (hate shopping--am making all gifts that aren't books or plants), and bring on the turkey with Mexican corn tortilla stuffing, cranberry jalapeno salsa, cilantro mashed potatoes, and chile-spiced kabocha squash soup!



That adorable cartoon comes from fabulous Sara Varon, whose comics you should collect obsessively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.