I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Caught on tape



Unbeknownst to the readers at Frequency on Saturday, I recorded them on my trusty iPod.



I'll need to edit down Maggie Nelson & Heidi Peppermint Staples--their readings are just a tad past my server limits. So I gotta find some software for that. Suggestions?



In the meantime and with her kind permission, here is Maureen Thorson's stellar performance, including Navy-base poems, Calamity poems, mistranslations, and monster love flarf! [File size: 9.8 MB as an mp3, so patience my pretties.]



It gets a little loud/staticky when the audience is hooting and clapping, but otherwise you can hear just fine. Most of the giggles are provided by the center-table crew of me, Dan Nester, Jen Knox, Sean McNally, the hubby, and Useless Jackoff Christopher Connelly*.



Gary Norris, in town from CO, might just have some photos to supplement later.



And Frequency ran to 4:45ish + schmooze time, so we missed the Robot & Moon show, alas. Report please!



* A name he suggests as an alternative to Nester's coinage, "Deep Image Poet CC." We aim to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.