I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Endless loop


The first literary journals I ever read were those bigger-circulation, venerable, usual ones subscribed to by the libraries (public, community college, and high school) in my very small hometown in Texas. When I went to college, there were a couple dozen more in the libraries there. I read those too. I used them as a kind of map, & I had no idea that the territory they did not map existed. For the most part.

Now, here's the crazy part. I just peeped the contents pages on the websites of several of these same old mags. Many of the poets I remember from those journals are still appearing there regularly more than a decade later.

Those mags are still taking up most of the space in the PERIODICALS section.

Yawn! YAWWWWWWWN!

Here's to all you little mag eds. Go little mags, go. Really, thank Jeebus for the internet too.

Speaking of which, I am catching up over at the DIY blog. (More to come later this week too. I'm not ignoring you, just behind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.