I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

"So it goes."



Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. 1922-2007


This is my copy of Slaughterhouse 5. (Already damaged like this when I found it.) It's the Book Club edition. (!!)

So I read this one accidentally, then my English teacher (bless her) assigned Breakfast of Champions in the 10th grade. After that I read them all.

I went to see KV read and lecture a few times in Austin, and once I moved to NYC I'd see him on the street. He lived around the corner from the publishing house, and would sit or walk outside reading, smoking, waving at people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.