I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

1/3 of poets are perpetually tardy


I am so too busy.

There are things that I want very much to do, now.

But before I can do those things, I have to do other things first. (Things which I also want to do; it is not a case of must vs. may, exactly, but a matter of lingering & overlapping.)

The things I have to do include:

* Finishing the unfinishable last hurrah book. Still.
(1/3 of the nearly 200 authors missed the deadline for corrections, which was three weeks ago. Woe.)

* Finish assembling the cherries & getting all the preorders & contributor copies in the mail.
(This is a pleasant task, to be sure, but still a task with which the task above has interfered.)

Then come the things I would like to do now, if not sooner. The things with covers & pages that came in the mail. Things like Organic Furniture Cellar & The Anger Scale & a whole box from Salt!

So now, if 1/3 of poets will please respond that'd be awesome. The book is being closed this weekend regardless, with or without, because I really really really need to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.