I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Almost Austin


Been alternately excited and apprehensive about going back to Austin for the first time since I left in 1995. Reports are that it's changed so much I might have a hard time finding the Austin I knew in the Austin that's now.

But I'm looking forward to going here (too bad the pool will be closed for spring cleaning, because it's spring-fed and always the same temp) & here & here & here (which will provides an excuse to go on campus) & here if not here and very definitely HERE (first stop after the airport!) & maybe here or here. Maybe I'll go here even though the original store (see #10) probably eventually fell down. And here even though the original (see #4) is no more. (I'd mostly switched to Mojo's anyway.) And maybe get in a game of pool here. Even though I practically lived here, and we met there, I don't know if we'll get there. There's such a thing as too much nostalgia, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.