I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, July 2, 2005

What is something which your peers/colleagues may assume you've read but haven't? Why haven't you?


Ted Berrigan's Sonnets. (Not all together, anyway. Though I've read individual ones here and there, off and on.)

Not sure. Just hadn't gotten around to procuring them.

Till now.

Update: It's really amazing to me how much of a poet one thinks one doesn't know that well one actually does know pretty well when one sits down to rectify the unknowing. Subbing for one and a poet. What; it's like I've already been absorbing the sonnets from the residue they've left on other poets? So soft! You're soaking in it. Or maybe I have just grazed at many of more of them I realized in my ramshackle browsing. This handy little book'll need to stay handy most of the time now on.

Update: Oh I'm not finished. Thinking or rather nothinking. (& remembering that I used to be less self-conscious talking into this thing.) You know what I mean. I mean they are comfortable instead of earth shattering, because I am not of the same moment as the book. So it is a relief to read the sonnets and also a disappointment. But it is mostly a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.