I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, March 4, 2011

No Slight Affliction, as Many a Woman Will Declare



You can carry, girls,
a little distance

your influence
to the new side

your awakened study
of formation, requirements



First then, girls, you should
fasten onto your shoulders

a strap for purpose,
for industrious earnest

pressure, for attending
to the demands of nature

Think of it
as a uniform

outside of which
you’d be too apart



All rooms have doors
& also windows

I haven’t actually
heard that said, but

a draft might come
at right angles

toward the animal
part of you,

the portion you’ve
bitten raw




From For Girls (& Others), Bloof 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.