I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

A winter storm


A good day for household chores & cooking long, slow stews with plenty of greens & beans.

Even if I wanted to go out (which the weatherwoman insistently advises against) it'd take a lot of hot water & scraping & salting just to get out of the driveway.

I look forward to a spotless living room, redolent of soup, some cinnamon tea & a thick book this afternoon.

Maybe an icy trudge in the village park to listen to the tsussing of the sleet.

Anyway, it suits my hermitic mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.