I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, July 2, 2007

The Weekly Box


Had forgotten about the fronded fresh fennel. Made a cioppino with that last night, sauteed with sweet onions & garlic, tomatoes, then bubbled with Pernod, fresh basil, saffron stock, steamed some shrimp & turbot, then added seared scallops right at the end. [Today I would just add more veggies like fingerling potatoes, maybe some tofu or vegan dumplings*.]

Saturday morning at another farm (not ours) I did make out the yellow-green globes of tomatoes. How many weeks to count down?

[This post has been modified because I have since gone vegan.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.