I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I had a gun pulled on me in New Orleans once...


...but I also got married there. Despite your many flaws, NOLA, I love you. Goodbye Napoleon House. Goodbye Marisol. Goodbye Kaboom Books. Goodbye Central Grocery. And best of luck and wishes to your million citizens, friends, family of friends, NOLA bookfair pals, and the rest. Mississippi River, I love you too, despite. It's hard to know what else to say.

UPDATE: I know you don't need me to tell you, but I am going to anyway. If you can afford it, please click here to donate to the 2005 Hurricane Disaster Fund administered by the Red Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.