I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, May 1, 2005

NaPoWriMo No Mo



To sum up, even though I did not successfully write a poem each day, I did write more than I would have without Reen's challenge--almost every day, and some kind of attempt every day. At first the pressure of posting my score here served to motivate, but then the idea that you might be watching began to feel like obligation, provoking procrastination. Nobody likes chores. Nevertheless there are a few keepers. So I consider it a success.

Back to the regular way. Hunter-gatherer. Just accrue it. Attention half elsewhere till BING! Then the back and forth with the Olivetti. Madness + method.

Anyway, thanks for playing along.

Shafer, Reen, Sam and sundry others will be reading from their NaPoWriMo notebooks today at Frequency. FYI.

Also, the book did not go to press last week. Still little correx to make. Maybe tomorrow.

But, I got the AWP 2006 DIY Publishing panel proposal in. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.