I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, November 3, 2003

Fourth exercise...

now we were sufficiently warmed up and automatically writing as comfortably as possible at a table shared with 12 other people, so he asked us to think about what certain restrictions do to this absolute freedom. We talked a lot about freedom. Restrictions like grammar, even, the most basic. We did 3 more minutes, with the condition that this time, it should all be in sentences.



3 minutes in sentences



I spilled my drink

It made a mess

There were no paper towels

This room is full of writing hands

I'm thinking about work

The injunction to write sentences has made my sentences different

Once, I wrote a sentence that pretended not to be a sentence

It acted like a phrase, missing parts

But secretly it was all there

Clark Kent in disguise is my sentence

My sentence wears a superhero cape when it emerges from the Telephone Bar

The Telephone Bar disappoints most superheroes

There's the drink prices for one

Plus, the guy at the door wants to see your ID

Sentences can leap tall buildings

And then some

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.