I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, November 9, 2003

Currently...

still reading Plowing the Dark by Richard Powers,and I just started Father of Noise by Anthony McCann. Recently read (and reviewed for Court Green) Anselm Berrigan's Zero Star Hotel. Reading the Oulipo Compendium again because of the Mathews class.



Tho I usually try not to talk Soft Skull biz here, I've got too much going on not to bend that rule. Editing Hal Sirowitz's Father Said,and Hilton Obenzinger's novel A*HOLE, and the video game anthology. Also preparing to send Kenneth Koch's The Art of the Possible: Comics Mainly without Pictures and Wanda Phipps's Wake-Up Calls: 66 Morning Poems to print.



...and LIT 8 of course, which we've finally closed, should go to press soon.



Recently purchased or received and someday I'll actually get to them: Edda by Snorri Sturluson (trans. by Anthony Faulkes), The Poetic Edda trans. by Lee M. Hollander, A Homemade World: The American Modernist Writers by Hugh Kenner, Internal West by Priscilla Becker, The Red Bird by Joelle McSweeney, Popular Music by Stephen Burt...plus all those goodies I got in New Orleans and haven't had time for.



Would two or three of me help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.