I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Some things never change


In November or early December 1995, I walked between a man pointing a gun and a man being mugged at an ATM near Union Square. I'd been in the city about 6 weeks and was walking home from work.

Last week, about 6 weeks from the move, walking to catch my train, I walked between a man stealing a bicycle and a ConEd worker trying to stop him.

In neither case did I realize what was happening until I had already passed between the combatants on the sidewalk. In both cases, I pretended not to notice even then, figuring that was the safest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.