I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Oh (!) but physically...


...the quotation marks resemble a doubling effect, halos or psilocybin tracers. Mutliple outlines, blurred, a visual image Notley uses with some frequency. Cars and rooms and caves also have curved walls.

I'll try to find you some supporting words.

This a-ha moment brought to you by Billy Blanks.

Update: Here are some words I found, as promised.

[...] "'Where are" "my companions?'" "'You are" "your

companions--" "your companions" "have temporarily" "become you'"
"I saw that" "my hands' outlines" "we several" "& seemed blurred"
"Likewise" "my arms & legs--" "I looked plural" "'But my eyes are"
"unified,' I said," "'my vision single," "my mind single" "Inside I

feel like" "one person'" "'Of course," "he said" "'That is the only way"
"to know & see," "through one person's" "mind & senses" "But in this
place," "in these depths--" "a cave network, as you will find--"
"what you see" "pertains to everyone'" [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.