I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Jiggedy jig


Home from a swell Texmas, where it was sunny and 80 degrees yesterday and an incredibly pleasant 70-75 the rest of the time. Egg nog on the back deck in shirtsleeves is pretty freaking nice. My mom and sisters remain gorgeous and funny. My father-figure entertained us with tales of Australia, China, and Montana and stocked us up on crysanthemum tea. My brother-in-law languished under the influence of a stomach virus, poor thing. My nieces & nephew amazed everybody with moon shoes and spy kits and glow sticks, props hardly equal to their various talents.

Unfortunately...nieces + nephew = fevers + achoo.

Or perhaps I was poisoned by Mr. & Mrs. Wiggle in front of us on the plane, whose magical infant apparently excepted them from common courtesies.

Either way, I'm home today imbibing Airborne, sucking on Zicam, and simmering a giant spicy sausage [veggie*] stew. And I was actually looking forward to going to the office since I only made it in one day last week during the strike.

Still, hello Brooklyn. We missed ya.

*[This post has been modified because I have since gone vegan. Ever considered it?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.