I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Report from the Stain Bar


Janet, Kate & Justin were wonderful--and both ladies' books are just beautiful. Janet makes me break my I'm-so-sick-of-Greek-mythology-in-poetry rule (again), and she even stomps her feet & imitates seagulls. Kate's reading was *completely*
different in both content and style than the last time I heard her read--she delivered the entire first section of her book in a voice at once confident and intimate, and with a wry sense of humor sparking here and there. Justin read mostly new work, many poems I'd never heard before, including some from a woman's POV (or polyvocal, with a woman among the crowd), and which were in a different style than his two chapbooks. Whoever picks up his MS will be getting an order from me, and quick.

Anyway, you'll be able to listen for yourselves once the readings go up on MiPoesias thanks to Amy King & Didi Menendez. HOORAY.

OK, I'm off to look at apartments till sometime tomorrow. (UGH.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.