I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, September 1, 2005

Coupla poems set in New Orleans...


...in the forthcoming (like any minute) Down Spooky and here is one of them, with Lake Pontchartrain (the main culprit in the current flooding) appearing in it in a less menacing light.

I also wrote one called "Hurricane on the Gulf Coast" a few years ago, but don't think I ever sent it out. Not such a rare occurance down there. But this one is obviously extraordinary.

Very glad to hear Cori Copp's mom and pets were rescued yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.