I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


It is my learned opinion that the opening
line of "Plum Poem" (circa 2009)
by Drew Gardner makes the work
instantly canonical. Also,

when the poet writes
of the "woolly peach / Hang[ing]
on thy body, that every child
may be" the poem obviously becomes

awesome, reaching new heights of literary
achievement with its poignant portrayal
of the beloved's [Gray Davis's?] testicles,
a too-little praised and downy region

capable of endangering Little Disciples Onesies.
Gardner's whimsical messages
will make friends and family smile
but plumless readers may regret their fuzzy lack.

Five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.