I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Getting there...& more tour reportage


Making actual progress. Started on the laundry so I can pack (again) and got all the trip details and confirmations sorted out (again). Got a catsitter and finished the essay that's already past due (though it's way too long; still, I can cut that down by tomorrow).

But I still haven't had time to tell y'all about all the fun we had in Milwaukee with Cam and Sarah and Scotty and Matt, and with Kelly at Broad Vocabulary, and the multiple Pauls and Johns. Or about the ridiculously sized crazy cocktails at At Random (those photos don't do the place justice, trust me--it's so David-Lynchian in there, signed crooner photos on every wall, white flocked plastic poinsettias, and lots of tinsel, elderly couples mixed in with the hipsters) or the fantastic food and tons-of-fun reading at Cafe Lulu.

And I haven't had two seconds to tell you about our visit with Anne-Marie, Mark and their beautiful sons in Oak Park, or anything about the reading at the very swank Green Mill. (Really wish we could've stayed for the slam. Alas, given the um, circumstances, it wasn't an option!)

And I wonder if I'll ever have a moment to transcribe all the great lines I plagiarized from Gabe, Lucia, Robbie & Michael after the reading (in a gallery full of candy-pink pop-up books and other art over which I wanted to linger) in Normal, where all the students eat only pizza and hot dogs.

Ah well. These brief snippets will have to do. I do have a few more pics to post, and I've promised myself to take lots more photos on this third trip. Perhaps the weather will cooperate. Digital cameras are computers after all--they don't like rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.