I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Righteous Indignation While U Wait, Or Who Needs Poetry Blogs?


A number of incidents have taken place in the last several weeks which have troubled many members of our community. Although my approach may appear a bit pedantic, by setting some generative point of view against a structural-taxonomical point of view or vice versa, I intend to argue that what really upsets me is that Shanna Compton wants to replace love and understanding with stoicism and colonialism. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. You don't have to say anything specifically about Shanna for her to start attacking you. All you have to do is dare to imply that we should do something good for others. To be blunt, there is still hope for our society, real hope -- not the false sense of hope that comes from the mouths of iconoclastic grifters, but the hope that makes you eager to chastise her for not doing any research before spouting off. Shanna operates on the basis of an unremitting hatred of civility and decency. Hard to believe? Then consider the following statement from one of Shanna's wishy-washy, cankered votaries: "Delirious cowards should be fĂȘted at wine-and-cheese fund-raisers." Pretty unrestrained, huh? Well, I am a law-and-order kind of person. I hate to see crimes go unpunished. That's why I unmistakably hope that Shanna serves a long prison term for her illegal attempts to judge people by the color of their skin while ignoring the content of their character. And that's it. Shanna Compton's ventures, like opium, hashish, or alcohol, keep the canaille in a trance and oblivious of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.