I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Approaches to Needlework Theory


[Scroll down to Monday.]

I am digging this poem from No Tell Motel by Clay Matthews. I like it because I am surprised, via it, at myself--that I can tolerate a conceit so "pretty" sustained over so many lines. I'm finding I've mostly lost patience for that kind of thing because so often such threads are overdone, pushed too hard, embroidered to the point of gaudy. In this case though, I felt myself fall at first into a predisposed groove but I couldn't stay there.

A pretty personal reading and more about my prejudices than the poem, I suppose. But I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.