I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

If only William Shatner could ride shotgun


If you're ever planning a book tour, go with Priceline for the motels. The name-your-own-price, not the regular search.

I scored decent* rooms in 4 cities for $50-60 each. Including breakfast. Free food is nothing to scoff at, kids. Not when gas is $4 a gallon, especially. (It was $3.19 in KY in October 2005 during the last Knox/Compton/Pafunda tour, because I remember distinctly thinking that was insane.)

*So, like, no repeats of Nashville 2005, i.e. broken beds, jacked cable, nondraining sink, thick layer of dust, and complimentary near-death pittbull experience. Ewwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.